The Sussex Flow Initiative has published it’s end of year report that outlines the amount of work delivered this year.
A few highlights from 2020/21:
- We influenced approximately 537 hectares of land, equivalent to the size of 20,406 tennis courts.
- We created 1 scrapes and ponds, storing approximately 132,500 litres
- reconnected 3.3 hectares of floodplain to the river, equivalent to the size of 125.4 tennis courts.
- Based on Natural England figures the trees and hedgerows planted will be storing 114.5 tonnes of carbon dioxide-equivalent per year, after 1 year of growth.
- PLUS many more achievements! These are detailed in the report linked below.